SENIOR COLLATERAL ANALYST - Edinburgh
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Collateral Analyst within a world-leading securities services provider.
This role sits in the Collateral Management team within the Derivatives Middle office function of the firm. The Collateral Management team is responsible for the credit risk mitigation of traded derivatives through the collateralisation of OTC products by performing full third-party collateral management activities on behalf of our institutional client base.
You must have excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and knowledge within Collateral Management.
- Collateral Management experience within asset servicing and/or asset management.
- CISI/IMC qualifications are desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills an advantage.
- University Degree is preferred.
- Strong client service attitude and communication skills for internal / external relations.
- Excellent attention to detail & Strong analytical skills.
- Ensure that current procedures and checklists meet the requirements of audit, external regulators and operations risk and control.
- Ensure daily complex exception reporting is completed within guidelines with any errors promptly rectified to maintain data integrity standards.
- Continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
- Liaison with IT department, raising system enhancements and conducting UAT testing where applicable.
- Actively look to automate or improve internal processes and seamlessly integrate client change requests in to the BAU.
- Accountable for own day-to-day performance and meeting tight intra-day deadlines. Expected to make decisions, resolve queries & escalate where necessary in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inbox management take ownership of tasks/issues and ensure these are all followed through to completion.
Job reference: 11471
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Please let us know which sectors, specialisms and locations you are interested in. We'll send you job alerts via email.
If you're a strong candidate for any of our other vacancies, a consultant will be in touch soon.
We'll also, from time to time, send you career advice to help in your job search. You can unsubscribe at any time.