LEGAL MANAGER - PENSIONS - Edinburgh
Are you an experienced Solicitor / technical specialist with pensions knowledge? If so the role of Legal Manager might be the one for you.
Working within this leading financial services business you will provide strategic direction to our client by providing specialist legal, technical advice in a commercial way to influence and enable the business to make effective decisions. You will support the client in fulfilling its strategic business aims in connection with its product development and proposition requirements.
It is a fantastic opportunity to work with a supportive, friendly team through this exciting period of continued growth.You will have knowledge across a range of areas such as pensions, ISAs, general investments and protection products. There is potential for this role to go permanent.
- You'll provide input into the review of legislative and regulatory aspects of pensions, ISA and protection products and services
- Identifying solutions and risks to the client on strategic development/proposition projects required to support the launch of or changes to our client's range of pensions, ISA, GIA and protection products and services
- Provide a strategic lead in these projects and be accountable for the delivery of legal work to an expert standard within agreed project timelines.
- Takes the lead to make sure that the company's contractual documentation with customers is accurate and of an appropriate standard
- Provides specialist legal and technical advice and guidance on the resolution of complex and high value (monetary and reputational) disputes to our client's pensions, ISAs, GIA and protection products and services.
- Identifies the legal options available, the risks involved and provides direction or recommendations to the business or to the Dispute Resolution team of the Group Legal function.
- Ability to advise and influence at all levels of the business, including the executive.
- Ability to take a strategic lead in key projects, make decisions and influence key stakeholders, including the executive Very high-level, specialist pensions technical knowledge and experience in a 'niche' area gained either in-house or in private practice
- Qualified as a solicitor or advocate/barrister in one or both of Scotland and England or being able to demonstrate significant technical experience in pensions
- Expert knowledge of pensions law and related legislation and technical requirements relating to pensions.
- Represents the Group Legal function and/or the Senior Legal Manager (Developments) in a range of governance committees to provide a legal voice in order to influence and enable business decision making.
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
Job reference: 10553
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Please let us know which sectors, specialisms and locations you are interested in. We'll send you job alerts via email.
If you're a strong candidate for any of our other vacancies, a consultant will be in touch soon.
We'll also, from time to time, send you career advice to help in your job search. You can unsubscribe at any time.