SENIOR LEGAL ADVISER - COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS - Edinburgh
A global asset manager has an exciting opportunity to join the On-Boarding Contracting team as a senior specialist. You will be involved in supporting the EMEA region in negotiating, amending and advising on all aspects of contractual activities for new clients. As a newly created role you can help shape and influence the role moving forward. This will involve advising on all aspects of complex contractual activities for new clients. The role would suit a lawyer who has significant commercial contracts experience who is looking for a fresh and exciting challenge.
- Drive the contracting process from initial drafting through negotiation completion for your portfolio of business.
- Own a client channel and efficiently manage the workload for that channel including training and educating other team members.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate internal stakeholders across different regions involved in the contracting process, ensuring their comments flow through to the contract and requisite approvals are obtained.
- Manage internal and external client expectations throughout the negotiation process
- Partner with the On-Boarding-Implementation team to take on new clients and manage client change as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that the appropriate contracting process is followed to mitigate risk.
- A legal background in areas such as corporate, banking or commercial or legal qualification backed up with a significant experience of drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- No formal legal qualification required, however excellent knowledge and proven experience in negotiating investment management agreements and investment guidelines for institutional clients
- Experienced contract management and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation and presentation skills
- Strongly proficient on standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Asset management or financial services industry experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Relevant legal qualification (desirable not essential)
- Knowledge of the asset management industry (fund types, client base and strategies, operational set up and products) and applicable law and regulations
- Excellent salary
- Fantastic modern offices
Job reference: BH10968
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Please let us know which sectors, specialisms and locations you are interested in. We'll send you job alerts via email.
If you're a strong candidate for any of our other vacancies, a consultant will be in touch soon.
We'll also, from time to time, send you career advice to help in your job search. You can unsubscribe at any time.