ASSISTANT FUND ACCOUNTANT - Edinburgh
One of Core-Asset's leading clients is recruiting a new Assistant Fund Accountant on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Fund Accountant Manager the successful candidate will assist in the administration of the Collective Investment Schemes within the European Funds Operations Department.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver work to a high standard of accuracy
- Proven organisational skills, can demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and undertake and manage multiple tasks
- Good team worker with a proactive, flexible approach
- Proven ability to work with large amounts of data
- Passion for problem solving
- Candidates who would be interested in pursuing a professional accounting qualification
- Accountancy or Finance degree
- Experience in UK fund accounting or administration
- Preparation and management of year end and interim financial statements for UK Funds
- Communicate with the funds' Auditors and Depositary throughout the audit process
- Completion of month end data checks for UK Funds
- Completion of annual tax returns
- Prepare estimated and confirmed distribution rates for UK Funds
- Prepare weekly index-linked bond amortisation calculations
- Prepare income forecasts for UK Funds
- Assist in the system set-up of new funds and opening new custody accounts, working closely with various internal departments
- Provide ad hoc assistance on projects within the department
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge relating to UK Funds including changes to funds and wider industry updates.
Job reference: 11551
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Please let us know which sectors, specialisms and locations you are interested in. We'll send you job alerts via email.
If you're a strong candidate for any of our other vacancies, a consultant will be in touch soon.
We'll also, from time to time, send you career advice to help in your job search. You can unsubscribe at any time.