ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT - Edinburgh
Do you have an accountancy degree or demonstrable experience as an accounts assistant and are looking for your next contract role?
If so then we may have the role for you. Our client; a global financial services company is looking for an Accounts Assistant to provide support in completing the day-to-day activities of their Operations department and performing a range of accountancy tasks.
This is initially a 6 month temporary contract based in Edinburgh.
- Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent (accounting, maths, business subjects preferred)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment and also on own initiative
- High motivation and enthusiasm
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a new environment
- Competent with Microsoft Office programmes: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of the life and pensions or finance sector would be beneficial
- Perform reconciliations
- Financial analysis
- Checking of ledger balances
- Accounts payable
- Analysis of ledger balances
- Ensure that the financial accounting controls are operating as planned
- Identify accounting and finance anomalies, investigating and resolving issues where appropriate
- Partnering with key stakeholders to reduce financial risks in relation to associated/key processes
Job reference: 11435
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Please let us know which sectors, specialisms and locations you are interested in. We'll send you job alerts via email.
If you're a strong candidate for any of our other vacancies, a consultant will be in touch soon.
We'll also, from time to time, send you career advice to help in your job search. You can unsubscribe at any time.