TELEPHONY SALES MANAGER - PLATFORM - Edinburgh
One of Core-Asset's clients is seeking a telephony sales manager to join their UK Distributions division. This is a mid-management role to report directly into the Director of UK Distribution.
The successful candidate is expected to manage the delivery of the new business inflows and market share targets by managing a team of Telephone Account Consultants. The candidate will oversee a team of 9-10 Telephony Account Managers, covering the platform space.
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent).
- IMC and/or Diploma in Financial Planning.
- Strong leadership experience and qualities to lead a fast-paced team through a changing and challenging market.
- A good understanding of the UK Wholesale market, and an appetite to remain on top of market changes.
- Experience in Telephony sales account management, and/or a good understanding of the success criteria/challenges of a sales account manager.
- A high level of understanding, and be able to articulate, of both the Platform & Investments propositions.
- Managing and motivating the performance of people to achieve the production targets.
- Establishing and managing internal and external relationships and network of contacts to achieve team targets.
- Managing the many demands on time to ensure the focus is maintained on the right things.
- Implementing and managing change in response to industry or corporate objectives.
- Maintaining a demanding working lifestyle which impacts on work/life balance.
- Set and lead Telephone distributions sales strategies to retain and grow our existing and new client segments, thinking innovatively and creatively about new ways of working.
- To provide clear leadership, development and mentoring opportunities to team members.
- Develop and implement the strategic and operational telephony plans to support delivery of the business plan.
- Think innovatively generating new, creative ways of working and achieving our goals.
- Lead new business and retention strategies, priorities, proposition development and best deployment of resources to deliver plan as appropriate to contribute to the overall business plan.
- Produce team business plans setting out sales targets and tactics for your business, and identifying the key tactics and resource required to meet those targets.
- Work as one team across the regional model to set the pace, motivate and take ownership for delivering the growth plan.
- Establish effective relationships with Head of Regions for Platforms working as one team to ensure resources are flexed to meet customer & business needs and delivering the strategy.
- Develop highly effective relationships with the key accounts team to maximise business opportunities.
- Help manage key relationships across the industry to shape thinking and practice on key Adviser issues and to understand and influence common issues and best practice.
- Lead, coach, develop and performance manage teams to achieve or exceed published business targets and enhance individual skills, performance and engagement.
- Define, cascade and control (through Salesforce) the list of target clients within segments for team engagement.
- Ensure engagement with known and unknown clients based on potential opportunity.
- Educate team members to a high level on Platforms
- Consider new ways of working, new sales tactics and new opportunities for new channel engagement which embrace technological developments (contributing to a Distribution Digital strategy).
- Support the development and implementation of a digital distribution strategy driving greater client engagement, lead generation and more effective ways of working.
- Coach & Develop team members through mentoring, articulation of stretch targets and the adoption of appropriate training programmes.
- Analyse and use management information to initiate and direct team activities to achieve new business targets, and for reporting purposes.
- Ensure compliance guidelines are adhered to
- Gather competitor and intermediary intelligence and share with other divisions
- Represent the Director of Telephony & Digital Distribution, Key Account and Regional Account managers at forums internal and external where required.
Job reference: 11726
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Please let us know which sectors, specialisms and locations you are interested in. We'll send you job alerts via email.
If you're a strong candidate for any of our other vacancies, a consultant will be in touch soon.
We'll also, from time to time, send you career advice to help in your job search. You can unsubscribe at any time.