ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR - Edinburgh
Core-Asset Consulting's client; a boutique financial services company based in Edinburgh, is looking for an Accounts Payable Administrator to sit within their Finance team. The main focus of the role is the oversight of invoice processing and Source to Pay.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that all supplier invoices are processed and paid in a timely and accurate manner. This is a great opportunity to work within a small knit team and develop your expertise.
Applicants should have good interpersonal skills, hold close attention to detail and be able to deliver a high degree of accuracy and adherence within all tasks that arise.
- Experience of working in an Accounts Payable role or any equivalent/relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent IT skills including intermediate MS Excel.
- Experience of working in a global environment.
- Experience of Peoplesoft.
The client will look to train and develop your knowledge, with the following responsibilities:
- In line with Group policy, supplier set-up and invoice processing is largely performed centrally and to central processes. The Accounts Payable Administrator must be able to quickly develop an understanding of the processes and different teams involved. Take the lead in the weekly governance calls and challenge the provided management information.
- Process ad hoc payments for example prepare CHAPS instructions or payments by cheque.
- Efficient and timely set-up of new vendors - ensuring all necessary due diligence is performed (by the Business Governance team) and all other set-up details are obtained ahead of invoice receipt. Mitigating risk of delays in invoice processing.
- Assist in the preparation and review of data for disclosure as part of the UK vendor payment practices reporting requirement.
- Assist the Finance team by producing information required for government and regulatory reporting including the annual PAYE Settlement Agreements.
- Producing monthly management information that enables the performance of service providers to be monitored.
- Competent in the set-up of requisition orders and processing of purchase orders on behalf of the business within Peoplesoft. Running necessary reports to help track spend.
- Credit card maintenance including processing and reconciling credit card purchases and statements.
- Petty cash maintenance.
Job reference: 11729
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Please let us know which sectors, specialisms and locations you are interested in. We'll send you job alerts via email.
If you're a strong candidate for any of our other vacancies, a consultant will be in touch soon.
We'll also, from time to time, send you career advice to help in your job search. You can unsubscribe at any time.